Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana
About PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY) was launched on 12th September 2019. It is a government scheme meant for old age protection and social security of Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF). All Small and Marginal Farmers having cultivable landholding up to 2 hectares falling in the age group of 18 to 40 years, whose names appear in the land records of States/UTs as of 01.08.2019 are eligible to get benefits under the Scheme.
Under this scheme, the farmers would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years and if the farmer dies, the spouse of the farmer shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as a family pension.
Eligibility Criteria for PMKMY
- For Small and Marginal Farmers
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- Cultivable land up to 2 hectares as per land records of the concerned State/UT
Features of PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana
- Assured Pension of Rs. 3000/- month
- Voluntary and Contributory Pension Scheme
- Matching Contribution by the Government of India
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.