Bharatiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati Programme
About the Bharatiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati Programme (BPKP)
The Zero Budget Natural Farming has been renamed as Government started promoting Natural Farming in 2019 through a sub-scheme- Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhti (BPKP)under an umbrella scheme of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojna (PKVY).
Objectives of the Bharatiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati Programme
- Promoting traditional indigenous practices, which give freedom to farmers from externally purchased inputs
- It focuses on on-farm biomass recycling with major stress on biomass mulching
- Use of cow dung–urine formulations
- Exclusion of all synthetic chemical inputs either directly or indirectly.
- Improve farmers’ profitability, availability of quality food, and restoration of soil fertility and farmland ecosystem as well as generate employment and contribute to rural development.
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.