Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
About the PMMSY
🔰 The Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India is implementing Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana – A scheme to bring about Blue Revolution.
🔰 PMMSY Scheme aims for Sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India.
🔰 An estimated investment of Rs. 20050 crores for holistic development of the fisheries sector including the welfare of fishers.
🔰 PMMSY is being implemented in all the States and Union Territories for a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
Objectives of the PMMSY
- Exploiting fisheries’ potential in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive, and equitable manner.
- Increase fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification, and productive use of land and water.
- post-harvest management and quality improvement.
- Doubling farmers’ income and increasing employment.
Implementation of the PMMSY
The scheme will be implemented as an umbrella scheme with two separate components:
- Central Sector Scheme
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- World Fisheries Day: 21st November
- World Tuna Fish Day: 2nd May
- National Fish Farmer’s Day: 10th July
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.