Livestock Production and Management ICAR E-Course Free PDF Download
Download the Agriculture E-Course pdf of Livestock Production and Management for B.Sc. Agriculture. PDF of Livestock Production and Management e-Krishi Shiksha pdf for B.Sc. Agriculture is systematically arranged with a content index.
Name of Topic in E-Course pdf of Livestock Production and Management for B.Sc. Agriculture.
- Prelusion- the significance of livestock and poultry in the Indian economy
- Various systems of livestock production- extensive- semi-intensive- intensive- mixed
- Integrated farming system- the role of livestock and poultry, manure management methods, Duck/ Fish / Rice culture
- Definition of breed- classification of indigenous, exotic cattle and buffaloes- breed characteristic of Sindhi, Kangayam and Umblacherry, Jersey, Holstein Friesian, Murrah, and Surti
- Breeding- Importance of cross-breeding- a sign of estrous cycle artificial insemination
- Housing management-farm site selection- space requirement for calves, heifer, milch animals, and work bullocks- type design of house
- Systems of housing- single row system- double row system head to head and tail to tail-merits and demerits
- Care and management of newborn calf and heifers
- Care and management of pregnant, and lactating animals and work bullocks.
- Milk definition- clean milk production- methods of milking hand and machine milking- preservatives and common adulterants of milk
- Processing of milk- cooling- pasteurization- definition various methods-low temperature long time, high-temperature short time and ultra-high temperature- advantages and disadvantages
- Nutrition- definition- ration- balance ratio- desirable characteristics of ration
- Requirement and importance of green fodder, carrying capacity, and forage cycle
- Diseases- classification –viral, bacterial, and metabolic general control and preventive measures
- Viral diseases- foot and mouth- bacterial diseases- anthrax, hemorrhagic septicemia, and black quarter metabolic tympanites- ketosis and milk fever- Mastitis and its control foot and mouth diseases
- Zoonotic diseases- prevention and control (anthrax, tuberculosis, brucellosis, and rabies)
- Sheep and Goat farming- classification of breeds of Indian and Exotic origin- Nomenclature alone
- Systems of rearing- housing management- type design- floor diagram- space requirement for adult and young stocks
- Care and management of Ram, Ewe, and Lamb- Nutritionfeeds and fodder for small ruminants
- Care and management of Buck, Doe, and Kid-Nutritionflushing
- Common ailments of sheep and goat- sheep pox- foot and mouth- blue tongue- enterotoxaemia-ecto and endo parasites
- Swine husbandry- common breeds of exotic origin nomenclature alone- housing of pigs
- Care and management of sow, Boar, and Piglets- Nutritioncreep feeding- control and prevention of swine diseases
- Classification of poultry viz layer, boiler, and dual purpose
- Care and management of day-old chicks
- Systems of housing- dep litter and cage systems- merits and demerits
- Raised platform housing- floor space requirement
- Care and management of layers
- Care and management of boilers
- Poultry nutrition- feed formulation- composition of chick mash grower
- Feed conversion ratio/ dozen eggs or kilogram of meat.
- Classification of poultry diseases- viral-bacteria-protozoan Ranikhet
- Bacterial diseases-nutritional deficiency diseases and their control
Download the ICAR e Krishi Shiksha pdf of the Livestock Production and Management e-course
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.