RPSC Agriculture Officer (AO) Syllabus 2023 – AgriBooks
The RPSC Agriculture Officer Exam 2023 is a competitive examination conducted by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) for the recruitment of Agriculture Officers 2023 in the state of Rajasthan. The exam is conducted in two stages: a written examination and an interview. The written examination typically consists of multiple-choice questions on topics such as Agriculture, Horticulture, and Animal Husbandry. Candidates who pass the written examination are then eligible to participate in the interview. The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in both the written examination and the interview.
RPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the RPSC Agriculture Officer Exam is crucial for a number of reasons. Firstly, it outlines the specific topics and subjects that will be covered in the exam, so it serves as a roadmap for candidates to follow in their preparation. Knowing the syllabus allows candidates to focus their study efforts on the most important and relevant material, rather than wasting time on irrelevant information. Secondly, by understanding the syllabus, candidates can better gauge the level of difficulty of the exam and the areas in which they need to improve. This can help them prioritize their study time and make the most efficient use of their resources.
- दिये गये शब्दों की संधि एवं शब्दों का संधि-विच्छेद |
- उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय – इनके संयोग से शब्द संरचना तथा शब्दों से उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय को पृथक् करना, इनकी पहचान ।
- समस्त (सामासिक) पद्, की रचना करना, समस्त (सामासिक) पद का विग्रह करना ।
- शब्द युग्मों का अर्थ भेद ।
- पर्यायवाची शब्द और विलोम शब्द |
- शब्द शुद्धि दिये गये अशुद्ध शब्दों को शुद्ध लिखना ।
- वाक्य शुद्धि वर्तनी संबंधी अशुद्धियों को छोड़कर वाक्य संबंधी अन्य व्याकरणिक अशुद्धियों का शुद्धीकरण ।
- वाक्यांश के लिये एक उपयुक्त शब्द ।
- पारिभाषिक शब्दावली – प्रशासन से सम्बन्धित अँगरेजी शब्दों के समकक्ष हिन्दी शब्द ।
- मुहावरे – वाक्यों में केवल सार्थक प्रयोग अपेक्षित है।
- लोकोक्ति वाक्यों में केवल सार्थक प्रयोग अपेक्षित है ।
- राजस्थान की भौगोलिक संरचना भौगोलिक विभाजन, जलवायु, प्रमुख पर्वत, नदियां, – मरूस्थल एवं फसलें ।
- राजस्थान का इतिहास सभ्यताएं – कालीबंगा एवं आहड़ –
- प्रमुख व्यक्तित्व – महाराणा कुंभा, महाराणा सांगा, महाराणा प्रताप, राव जोधा, राव मालदेव, महाराजा जसवंतसिंह, वीर दुर्गादास, जयपुर के महाराजा मानसिंह – प्रथम, सवाई जयसिंह, बीकानेर के महाराजा गंगासिंह
- भारतीय स्वतंत्रता संग्राम में राजस्थान का योगदान एवं राजस्थान का एकीकरण ।
- विभिन्न राजस्थानी बोलियाँ ।
- कृषि, पशुपालन एवं व्यावसायिक शब्दावली ।
- लोक देवी-देवता प्रमुख संत एवं सम्प्रदाय ।
- प्रमुख लोक पर्व, त्यौहार, मेले – पशुमेले । –
- लोक कथा, लोक गीत एवं नृत्य, कहावतें, लोक नाट्य, लोक वाद्य एवं कठपुतली कला ।
- विभिन्न जातियां – जन जातियां ।
- स्त्री – पुरूषों के वस्त्र एवं आभूषण ।
- चित्रकारी एवं हस्तशिल्पकला चित्रकला की विभिन्न शैलियां, भित्ति चित्र, प्रस्तर शिल्प, काष्ठ कला, मृदमाण्ड (मिट्टी) कला, उस्ता कला, हस्त औज़ार, नमदे – गलीचे आदि ।
- स्थापत्य दुर्ग, महल, हवेलियां, छतरियां, बावड़ियां, तालाब, मंदिर-मस्जिद आदि ।
- संस्कार एवं रीति रिवाज ।
- धार्मिक, ऐतिहासिक एवं पर्यटन स्थल।
- Agro-climatic zones of India and Rajasthan. Elements of crop production and effect on plant growth. Weather and climate, weather forecasting, aerospace, and remote sensing in India. Modern concepts in crop production, precision farming. Plant nutrients – functions and deficiency symptoms, sources and their application, soil reaction, interaction, soil–plant–water relationship, organic manures, fertilizers and bio-fertilizers, integrated nutrient management. Soil fertility, soil productivity, and management. Water management: water requirement, irrigation scheduling, and efficiency, pressurized irrigation system. Weed management: principles and practices, common herbicides and their uses in important grain crops, oils seeds, pulses and fiber crops, forage, and grassland and consequences of their use. IWM in field crops, management of parasitic and aquatic weeds. Problems of soil erosion in arid and semi-arid regions. Agronomic practices in soil and water conservation. Measures to prevent soil erosion. Watershed: concept, objectives and principles, integrated watershed management. Organic farming – objectives, and scope.
- Dryland farming – role in economy, aridity and their characteristics, constraints in dry farming areas, moisture conservation practices in dryland farming. Role of agro-forestry in soil and water conservation, silviculture, compatibility of crops, problems of seed germination, etc. Appraisal of the economics of farm forestry. Agronomy of important crops – cereals, pulses, oilseeds, fiber crops, forage crops, sugarcane, sugarbeet, potato, seed spices, isabgol etc. Recommended varieties of important crops of Rajasthan.
- Soil classification and soil survey, profile development, land capability classification, soil taxonomy, soils of Rajasthan. Soil physics-physical properties, moisture, air temperature. Physical chemistry of soil-colloids, soil reactions, buffering capacity, sources of charges, and ion exchange. Soil microbiology- soil microbes, organic matter, humus fractions, structure, formation, C/N ratio, symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Transformation and mineralization of phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, and sulfur in the soil. Straight fertilizers, mixed and compound fertilizers, Secondary nutrients, micronutrients, and liquid fertilizers. Fertilizer control order and adulteration. 4 Management of problematic soils, management of crops in problematic soils, quality of irrigation water. Soil and water conservation. Soil and water pollution. Attacking soil fertility problem.
- Olericulture – classification of vegetables, nursery, transplanting, seed testing and storage, cultivation practice of cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, chilies, brinjal, carrot, radish, onion, pea, okra, muskmelon, watermelon, and sweet potato. Different styles of gardening, indoor gardening. Lawn & hedge – layout, care and maintenance, annual flowers, cultivation of major cut flowers like rose, gladiolus, tuberose, and chrysanthemum. Pomology – layout of orchards, propagation methods, cultivation of mango, citrus, banana, guava, pomegranate, grapes, papaya, ber, phalsa, aonla, datepalm, Post-harvest losses and principles of fruits and vegetable preservation, dehydration, jam, jelly, canning.
- Insect pests spectrum in Rajasthan. Assessment of crop losses and their implication in pest management. Management of insects and pests. Insecticide application, hazards and safety precautions, insecticide formulations and their dilutions. Detection of insect infestation in stored products and their management. Community campaign for white grub and other polyphagous pests management. Rat control, and management of ticks, mites, and household pests. Integrated pest and disease management. Insecticidal pollution, residues, and tolerance limit. Role and importance of fungi, nematodes, viroids, phytoplasma, bacteria, viruses, and other micro-organisms in agriculture. Binomial nomenclature, morphology, and reproduction of fungi. Methods of plant disease management. Major diseases (fungal, bacterial, viral, and nematode) of common field, vegetable, and fruit crops of Rajasthan and their management. Biological control methods and plant quarantine.
- Essential plant nutrients and their role, major and micronutrients. Methods of Plant Breeding for self, cross-pollinated and vegetatively propagated crops, mutation breeding, use of polyploidy in crop improvement, the concept of heterosis, type of hybrids, combining ability, DNA recombinant technology, transgenic crops and their scope, tissue culture techniques, seed testing, type of seeds, seed certification and seed standards for different crops.
- Place of livestock in the national economy. Different livestock development programs of the Government of India. Important exotic and Indian breeds of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, and swine. Reproductive behaviors like puberty, estrus, pregnancy, and parturition. Measures and factors affecting fertility in livestock. Milk secretion, milking of animals, and factors affecting milk yield and composition. Selection and breeding of livestock for higher milk and meat 5 production. Feed resources of India with special reference to Rajasthan. Classification of feedstuff. Conservation of feeds and fodder, hay, and silage making. Feeding and management of calves, growing heifers, and milch animals. Housing principles, and space requirements for different species of livestock. Disease control measures, sanitation, and care. Natural and artificial insemination in farm animals, breeding, feeding, and production records. Breed characteristics of poultry. System of housing, feeding, and management in poultry. Incubation, hatching, and brooding. Vaccination and prevention of diseases in poultry. Preservation and marketing of eggs, its economics, and keeping quality. Economics of livestock production. Preparing dairy projects for financing.
- Limnology- water science, physical-chemical and biological properties of water, lake-ecosystem, water pollution, and various types of water bodies. Fish morphology and anatomy, osmoregulation, respiration in fish. Different types of aquaculture systems and types of fisheries.
- Peculiarities of Indian Agriculture, place of agriculture in the Indian economy, five-year plans, consumer behavior, demand, supply, demand schedule and supply schedule, market equilibrium, elasticity. Principles of farm management. Agriculture marketing, marketing functions and institutions, WTO, contract farming, future market. Prices of agricultural commodities. Agricultural finance and credit, credit institutions, cooperative Banks, crop insurance. Agricultural development and poverty alleviation programs. Linear programming, agricultural production functions- characteristics and optimizations.
- Meaning and definition of extension education, philosophy of extension, the process of extension education, basic concepts in extension (need, knowledge, attitude, skill, behavior, objectives, rural leadership, and motivation). Need assessment, benchmark survey, and PRA technique. Rural social institutions, caste, family, and social groups. History and present programs of extension in India specially Shriniketan, Marthandom, Gurgaon experiment, Nilokheri project, Etawah pilot project, CDP, Panchayati Raj, NES, IVLP, IRDP, T&V system, Lab to Land, ATIC, KVK, NATP, RKVY, ATMA, MNREGA, ICDS, NDS, HYVP, IAAP, SGSY, JRY and PMRY with reference to their year of start, objectives, activities, achievement, and failure. Teaching- learning process, teaching methods, use of audio-visual aids in training & communication process. Program planning & evaluation, impact assessment. Organizing training, front-line demonstrations, field days, Kisan mela, exhibitions, and campaigns. writing reports, radio talks, news, writing of farm literature, and scientific information.
- Classification of data, measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, Karl Pearson’s measures of the correlation coefficient, linear regression, test of significance, large sample test and small sample tests- ‘t’, chi-square, F test. Theory of probability- addition and multiplication laws for two events. General principles of designs of the experiment- CRD, RBD, LSD, and factorial experiment. Concept of sampling- simple random sampling, stratified random sampling, and systematic sampling.
- Scope of farm mechanization in India. Common workshop tools, survey instruments, bullock-drawn implements, and implements for field preparation, land leveling, and sowing. Measures of irrigation water, and water lifting devices.
- Definition, classification, and functions of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and amino acids. Enzymes- their classes, factors affecting activity, enzyme inhibition, active site, and enzyme cofactors. Nucleotides, nucleic acids, their types and structure, transcription, translation, and DNA replication. Carbohydrate metabolism – Glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, Glyoxalate pathway. Oxidation of fatty acids and their synthesis. Vitamins, their types, and functions.
Preparation Strategy for RPSC AO
Preparing for the RPSC Agriculture Officer Exam requires a well-structured and comprehensive study plan. Here are a few key strategies that can help improve your chances of success:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern
- Create a study schedule and stick to it
- Use study materials from reputable sources
- Solve previous year’s question papers of RPSC AO
- Practice mock test
- Practice regularly
- Focus on weaker areas
- Stay healthy and focused
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.