OPSC AAO Recruitment 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
OPSC AAO Recruitment
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has announced a recruitment drive for Assistant Agriculture Officer (AAO) positions in the Odisha Agriculture and Food Protection Service under the Department of Agriculture & Farmer’s Empowerment. The recruitment, which is being conducted under Advt. No. 04 of 2022-23, will fill 261 vacancies for the Group B, Class II position.
OPSC AAO Recruitment Qualifications
Before submitting an application for the OPSC AAO Recruitment 2023, candidates must ensure that they meet the specified eligibility criteria outlined in the official notification. Below, we have provided information on the required educational qualifications.
- To be considered for the Odisha Assistant Agriculture Officer position, candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Horticulture from a recognized university or institution.
OPSC AAO Recruitment Syllabus
OPSC AAO Paper 1 Exam Unit 1:
- Farming System & sustainable agriculture
- Principle of organic farming
- Crop Production Technology
OPSC AAO Paper 1 Exam Unit 2:
- Production Technology of Horticulture crops (Fruit)
- Production Technology of Horticulture crops (Vegetables)
- Production Technology of Horticulture crops (Floriculture Crops)
OPSC AAO Paper 1 Exam Unit 3:
- Field Crops
- Horticulture crops
- Nematode pest of Horticulture crops & their management
OPSC AAO Paper 1 Exam Unit 4:
- Agriculture & sericulture
- Agrometeorology & Climate Change
OPSC AAO Paper 2 Exam Unit 1:
- Geoinformatics & Nano-Technology
- Fundamentals of soil science
- Soil fertility & nutrition management
- Problematics soils and their management
OPSC AAO Paper 2 Exam Syllabus Unit 2:
- Principals of seeds technology
- Genetics & Plant breeding
- Introduction of crop physiology
OPSC AAO Paper 2 Exam Syllabus Unit 3:
- Fundamentals of agriculture extension education
- Agriculture economics
- Fundamentals of statistics methods
- Agri-business management
- Agriculture marketing trade prices
OPSC AAO Paper 2 Exam Syllabus Unit 4:
- Agriculture Heritage
- Farmer empowerment schemes
OPSC AAO Recruitment Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the exam should familiarize themselves with the exam pattern detailed below:
- The written OPSC AAO exam will consist of two papers, each worth 100 marks and lasting for 2 hours each.
- In the OPSC AAO Exam, there will be a negative marking system in place where 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Hello, I am Sonu Verma, M.Sc. (Horti.) Agriculture content writer, and an enthusiast who loves to share knowledge. No Culture Without Agriculture.