History of IARI – AgriBooks
History of IARI (Indian Agricultural Research Institute)
- 1905: Agriculture Research Institute was established at Pusa, located on the bank of Gandak river, Darbhanga district of Bihar under the Viceroyalty of Lord Curzon. It is established by help of fund provided by American Philip of USA.
- 1911: Rename as Imperial Agriculture Research Institute.
- 1934: Its building totally damaged by earth quake.
- 1936: It is shifted in Pusa, New Delhi.
- 1936: B. Vishwanath, first Indian Director of Institute.
- 1947: Name has been changed from Imperial Agriculture Research Institute to Indian Agriculture Research Institute.
- 1958: Recognized as “Deemed University” under UGC Act 1958.