Black rice is a wholegrain rice with a dark purple appearance due to its high antioxidant content.
1. Antioxidant: Black rice has the highest antioxidant content of any rice. By lowering oxidative stress, antioxidants protect your body against the detrimental effects of ageing.
2. Heart health: Diets strong in anthocyanin-rich foods, such as black rice, have been linked to decreased cases of cardiovascular disease because they assist to lower cholesterol.
3. Healthy brain: High quantities of antioxidant-anthocyanin are also thought to assist healthy brain function and inflammation reduction, which is connected with the ability for anthocyanin.
4. Weight loss: Because black rice is a whole grain, its bran contains a lot of fibre. Each grain's glucose takes longer to be absorbed by the body, lowering hunger.
5. Cholesterol: Anthocyanin regulates your body's ability to metabolize cholesterol, which helps to normalize bad cholesterol levels, which may contribute to cardiovascular disease.
6. Better eye health: Black rice contains potent carotenoids that protect against damaging blue light and assist to lessen the incidence of age-related blindness.
7. Full of fibre: Black rice contains a significant amount of fibre, with around 3.7g of fibre per 100g of black rice, providing an easy method to consume 7.4% of your daily fibre consumption in one meal.